Thursday, June 16, 2011

Inkheart

Author: Cornelia Funke
Plot Synopsis: When Meggie Folchart was very young, her father read aloud from Inkheart, a fantastic novel full of fairies and magical creatures. But, with his beautiful voice, her father lures from the pages the villain of the story: Capricorn. Now, years later, the story has returned again to her family. Can Meggie find the courage to defeat the evil now roaming her world?
Review: Okay, guys. I admit it. I don't think I've ever read a fantasy book I didn't absolutely love; or at least, I never post about them because that would be boring! Inkheart is fantastic. It's definitely up there on my list of favorites. The characters are gripping and just seem so real, even the ones supposedly from a different world entirely. This story will enchant you to the last page. (All right, one thing about this book that I tell everyone: get through the first 3-5 chapters. Yes, they are a tad dry. But after that, it gets so good I can hardly believe the beginning was boring at all!)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Haha, everyone says the first few chapters are dry but I remember being hooked from the first page. I love Inkheart too, but don't be turned off by the movie!

Linda said...

I think you should review every book you read. You do such a good job. PS-I love Inkheart too!