Sunday, January 25, 2009

Princess Academy


Author: Shannon Hale
Plot Synopsis: Miri, a 14-year-old girl from the small mountain village of Mount Eskel, and the other girls of the village attend an academy to learn how to be princesses because the prince's bride has been predicted to come from there. They learn many valuable lessons at the academy, but there is always a rivalry between the girls because they all want to be the princess.
REVIEW: I loved this book! (In case you haven't notice, I love almost every book.) Anyway, I really liked how even though Miri was small and insignificant, she took her destiny into her own hands and majorly contributed to the village! (Read the book to find out how...) I also enjoyed the brush of romance between Peder and Miri. Perhaps my favorite part of this book was that the ending was happy! *Contented sigh*

2 comments:

Evon said...

Ooh! I love thisbook. i thought it looked kind of stupid and predictable, but i really enjoyed it. it was so... out there. :) like this blog!

K said...

I read this book recently and really enjoyed it. I thought it was brilliantly written! I really liked that it wasn't a typical princess story. The authors knowledge and skill in writing about people so different from her is amazing!